Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with this refreshing, Leprechaun approved recipe!
We put a spin on the classic vodka mule recipe by adding Wigle Rye Whiskey to compliment the holiday. Adding lime, simple syrup + sage with Natrona ginger beer puts a unique, flavorful twist on this cocktail.
- 2 oz. Irish whiskey
- 6 oz. ginger beer (or more!)
- ½ - ¾ oz. of simple syrup
- Juice of half a lime (about 1 ounce)
- Lime slices (optional, for garnish)
- Sage sprig (optional, for garnish)
- Ice (crushed if possible)
- Fill a Moscow Mule mug (or rocks glass if you don’t have a mug!) with crushed ice
- Squeeze in lime juice
- Pour in the whiskey - we used a local Pittsburgh company, Wigle Whiskey, for our brand of choice, but your favorite whiskey is a perfect addition!
- Fill with cold ginger beer - we used the local Natrona Bottling Company’s classic variation for our ginger beer brand of choice!
- Serve with a stirring rod.
- Add sage + muddle (*optional*)
- Add a lime wedge for garnish (*optional*)
Ginger beer is to taste! If you like more of a whiskey taste, add less ginger beer. For a milder drink, add more!